Fond du Lac SHRM
What is FDLSHRM?
It is a program of Envision Greater Fond du Lac. The purpose of the organization is to:
- Promote and professionalize Human Resource administration and encourage good HR practices.
- Further the education of members in current Human Resources practices and philosophies.
- Discuss problems of mutual interest to those engaged in the Human Resources field in the areas of business, industry, education and government.
- Establish a free communication process among members of Envision Greater Fond du Lac.
Why is this scholarship offered?
To support development of human resource professionals in the greater Fond du Lac area.
Who is eligible?
Persons applying for this award should:
- Be enrolled in a degree program at an accredited two or four year college or university OR enrolled in a Human Resources certification program.
- Demonstrate interest in Human Resources and have the potential to contribute in the future to the Human Resources profession. May be a practicing HR professional continuing his or her education in a Human Resource related field, i.e. Management, Leadership, etc., or a person new to the field of Human Resources.
- Be a U.S. citizen; AND be a resident of the Fond du Lac area OR attending a program in the Fond du Lac area. i.e., Fond du Lac, Dodge, Calumet or Winnebago counties.
When can I apply?
A completed application must be received by Envision Greater Fond du Lac by June 1, 2020 for consideration.
How can I apply?
- Applications may be obtained through the financial aid office of area schools, from Envision Greater Fond du Lac or by clicking 2020 HR Scholarship Application FDLA HRA.
- Students enrolled in an accredited two or four-year program may apply in any year provided they have committed themselves to a major or emphasis in Human Resources through the remainder of their college career. Students enrolled in a Human Resources certification program may apply at any point during their program.
- The application must be completed in full, with all supporting documentation. Documentation that must accompany the application includes:
- High school or most recent college transcript (minimum 24 credits)
- Statement of Human Resource related goals: applicants must include a letter of intent, outlining their reasons for seeking the award, how they became interested in the Human Resources profession, their intended career objective and how this scholarship award would be used to accomplish that objective.
- Two letters of recommendation; one from a teacher/instructor and one from an employer or a community organization in which you are involved
- The application and all related documentation must be submitted to Envision Greater Fond du Lac.
How much is the award?
- $1500 in scholarship money is available.
- The number of scholarships awarded may vary from year-to-year, with the intent of providing 1-3 awards each year.
How are recipients selected?
- Scholarships are awarded primarily for interest in/contribution to the Human Resources profession, leadership experience, academic achievement and financial need.
- Completed applications will be reviewed by a committee appointed by Fond du Lac SHRM and approved by the FDLSHRM Advisory Council.
- Recipient(s) will be notified by the end of May.
- Payment for scholarships will be made directly by Envision Greater Fond du Lac to the college or university for the student’s account in late August for the upcoming academic year.