Envision Greater Fond du Lac strives to be the single, solid voice of the business community in facilitating conversations related to legislative and industry needs at the local, state, and federal levels. As an organization we:
- Actively pay attention to local, state, and federal policies and legislation that impact our ability to grow our local economy
- Provide a channel for our business community to engage with legislators to ensure our local voices are heard and our needs are addressed through policy/legislative solutions
- Educate members, specific parties and/or the general public about important topics (legislative or other) that affect the vibrancy and economic climate of our community and regional economy.
The mission of the Envision Greater Fond du Lac Advocacy Committee is to involve our members in helping to advocate for economic opportunity and workforce development in Fond du Lac County and the State of Wisconsin.
To accomplish this, the Advocacy Committee will:
- Educate and inform the business community about relevant county, state, and federal policy issues.
- Review county, state and federal legislation and regulations to assess potential impacts on the business community.
- Serve as a resource for information and clearinghouse for the business community and governmental leaders.
- Leverage public policy issues and legislation to promote business growth and support the competitive business environment.
- Recommend positions on certain policy matters pertinent to Envision’s mission and vision to the Envision Board of Directors for review and ultimate decision.