Fond du Lac SHRM
What is FDLSHRM?
Chapter Mission Statement
Fond du Lac SHRM (FDLSHRM) is a program of Envision Greater Fond du Lac and a chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The purpose of FDLSHRM is:
- To promote and professionalize Human Resources administration and encourage good HR practices.
- To further the education of members in current Human Resources practices and philosophies.
- To discuss problems of mutual interest to those engaged in the Human Resources field in the areas of business, industry, education, and government.
- To establish a free communication process among members of the Association.
The organization provides support to area employers on human resource management issues. The council provides educational seminars and networking opportunities for human resource specialists. Services offered include:
- Networking opportunities
- Monthly continuing education programs
- Study groups for certification testing facilitated by a certified HR professional each spring and fall, based on interest of the membership
- Speakers for Human Resources curriculum classes at local colleges
- HR consultations to non-profit organizations
- Social events
- Human Resources Scholarship Opportunities
Throughout the year, the Fond du Lac SHRM organization hosts networking opportunities, education programs and speakers. Additionally, state and national organizations offer events for human resource professionals. Below you will find a list of upcoming events:
- January 20 — Accommodate in Place Initiative by Matt Glowacki. Held at South Hills Golf & Country Club. 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. $20 members / $25 non-members.
- March 17 – Mental Health Awareness in the Workplace: How Leaders Can Reduce Stigma and Improve Wellness by Staci Salzmann, SSM Health – virtual event.
- April 21 – Burn Ladders. Build Bridges. Pursuing Work with Meaning & Purpose, by Alan Patterson, a consultant, specialist, and executive coach in leadership development. 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. $20 members / $25 non-members.
- April 26 – Envision Greater Fond du Lac’s Annual Meeting – The annual meeting is an opportunity to celebrate the collective successes of all who are part of Envision Greater Fond du Lac. Additionally, the keynote specker will be Chris Czarnik. He is an international speaker, trainer, and author on the subjects of job search, recruitment, and employee development and engagement. His style is like no other. Chris will speak to talent attraction and retention. Registration coming soon.
- May 19 – HR and Happiness – An Overlooked Technology by Aaron Sadoff, NFDL School District Superintendent – virtual event.
- June 12-15 – National SHRM Conference
- June 16 – The Power of an Entrepreneurial Mindset, by Jeff Stueber, Business Management Instructor, MPTC – Virtual event.
- July 21 – Drug Trends, Signs of Reasonable Suspicion, with Det. Vance Henning, Fond du Lac Police Dept., at South Hillds Golf & Country Club.
- August 18 – Legal Update from Husch Blackwell Law Firm, with Erik Eisenmann and Laura Malugade – virtual event.
- September 15 – Active Shooter Training, FDL Police Department, at South Hills Golf & Country Club.
- October 12-14 – Wisconsin State SHRM Conference
- October 20 – Compensation Trends , by MRA – virtual event.
- November 10 – FDL SHRM Membership Gala, at Hotel Retlaw
- December 15 – Generational Intelligence and Awareness, by Brenda Stueber – virtual event
For a printable copy of the 2022 events, please click here.