Fond du Lac SHRM
What is FDLSHRM?
Chapter Mission Statement
Fond du Lac SHRM (FDLSHRM) is a program of Envision Greater Fond du Lac and a chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The purpose of FDLSHRM is:
- To promote and professionalize Human Resources administration and encourage good HR practices.
- To further the education of members in current Human Resources practices and philosophies.
- To discuss problems of mutual interest to those engaged in the Human Resources field in the areas of business, industry, education, and government.
- To establish a free communication process among members of the Association.
The organization provides support to area employers on human resource management issues. The council provides educational seminars and networking opportunities for human resource specialists. Services offered include:
- Networking opportunities
- Monthly continuing education programs
- Study groups for certification testing facilitated by a certified HR professional each spring and fall, based on interest of the membership
- Speakers for Human Resources curriculum classes at local colleges
- HR consultations to non-profit organizations
- Social events
- Human Resources Scholarship Opportunities
Throughout the year, the Fond du Lac SHRM organization hosts networking opportunities, education programs and speakers. Additionally, state and national organizations offer events for human resource professionals. Below you will find a list of upcoming events:
- Feb. 16 – Mental Health at the Workplace by von Briesen & Roper, s.c. @ Fond du Lac County Highway Department
- Feb. 16 – SHRM Workplace Policy Conference, Premier Park Hotel, Madison
- Mar. 16 – College Recruiting and Job Fairs, What Really Matters! – UWO Student Services and UWO Student Panel @ UW FDL; cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members
- April 1 – 2023 WI SHRM Student Conference & Case Competition, Moraine Park Technical College, Beaver Dam; cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members
- April 20 – Active Shooter Training – How to be prepared! by FDL Police Department at C.D. Smith Construction; cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members
- May 18 – Legal Update – Hot Topics in Employment Law by Geoffey Lacy; virtual
- June 11-14 – SHRM Annual Conference & Expo, Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas
- August 3-4 – 2023 WISHRM Volunteer Leader Conference, Hotel Retlaw, Fond du Lac
- Sept. 21 – Benefit Trends in a Post-COVID World; held virtually
- Oct. 11-13 – Wisconsin State SHRM Conference, Kalahari Resort & Conference Center, Wisconsin Dells
- Oct. 20 – Compensation Trends 2023 – Data Overload; held virtually
- Nov. 16 – FDL SHRM Member Gala Event and Holiday Networking Event, evening event. **more information coming
- Dec. 14 – Holiday Networking Activity, **more information coming
For a printable copy of the 2023 events, please click here