Fond du Lac SHRM
What is FDLSHRM?
Chapter Mission Statement
Fond du Lac SHRM (FDLSHRM) is a program of Envision Greater Fond du Lac and a chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The purpose of FDLSHRM is:
- To promote and professionalize Human Resources administration and encourage good HR practices.
- To further the education of members in current Human Resources practices and philosophies.
- To discuss problems of mutual interest to those engaged in the Human Resources field in the areas of business, industry, education, and government.
- To establish a free communication process among members of the Association.
The organization provides support to area employers on human resource management issues. The council provides educational seminars and networking opportunities for human resource specialists. Services offered include:
- Networking opportunities
- Monthly continuing education programs
- Study groups for certification testing facilitated by a certified HR professional each spring and fall, based on interest of the membership
- Speakers for Human Resources curriculum classes at local colleges
- HR consultations to non-profit organizations
- Social events
- Human Resources Scholarship Opportunities
Throughout the year, the Fond du Lac SHRM organization hosts networking opportunities, education programs and speakers. Additionally, state and national organizations offer events for human resource professionals. Below you will find a list of upcoming events:
- January 21—Healing Power of Humor by Agnesian SSM Work & Wellness
- February 18—Hire 4 Performance by Ben Murphy, Titus Talent Strategies
- March 18—The New Competitive Advantage: Creating the Employee Experience in Times of Uncertainty by Daniel Stewart
Additional information provided by speaker: Welcome Video, The Origins of Employee Experience, Employee Experience Model, March SHRM Event Presentation Slide Deck
- April 15— Engaging the Workforce with Best-Practice Strategies and Incentives by Forsite Benefits
- May 20 —Creating and Leading Accountable Teams by Eric Coryell Additional information provided by speaker: Group Dynamics Handout FDL SHRM
- June 17—Performance Management Innovation by Megan Nail
- June 20-23, 2021 National SHRM Conference, June 20-23, 2021, Chicago, Ill.
- August 19 —Annual Legal Update by Chris Reader, WMC Additional information provided by speaker: August Program Slide Deck
- September 16—Diversity and Inclusion Program by Laurice Snyder
- October 21—Leading Change by Franklin Covey by Barbara Cogburn
- Wisconsin State SHRM Conference October 13 – 15, 2021, Wisconsin Dells
- November 10 – FDL SHRM Gala
- November 18—The Journey from Diversity Metrics to Analytics by Carolyn Broderick
- December 16—Emotional Intelligence: Managing emotions to enhance relations by Tracy Stock
Additional information provided by speaker: Emotional Intelligence Tracy Stock
- Wisconsin State SHRM Conference October 13 – 15, 2021, Wisconsin DellsEvents may require registration. Simply click on the event title for further information.