About the Council
Founded in 1980, the Fond du Lac Area Agri-Business Council provides a forum for communication among Fond du Lac Area agri-business entities, assists in cooperative promotion of area agri-business from the field to the table, as well as providing local education on the role of agri-business in the economy of the greater Fond du Lac area.
- Mission: Cultivating passion for agriculture in the community through education, promotion and partnerships.
- Vision: To ensure that our neighbors appreciate the diverse impact of agriculture in their lives, community, and world.
Learn about our Agricultural Ambassador Program!
- Breakfast on the Farm – For more than 30 years, Fond du Lac Area Breakfast on the Farm has provided community members with the opportunity to experience area agriculture. From a delicious breakfast to educational displays to farm tours and children’s activities, there is something for everyone to enjoy on the farm! The Madigan family hosted the 2022 Breakfast on the Farm. Watch this video to see how their farm operates, including Lely robotic milking units. Information on the 2023 Breakfast on the Farm coming soon!
- Agriculture Showcase – Traditionally held in March, the Agriculture Showcase provides the opportunity for the public to interact with agriculture-related businesses from throughout Wisconsin! Featured businesses include those involved in the production of food goods, agricultural products and more! In addition to educational workshops, beer, wine and cheese sampling is offered.
- June Dairy Day (presented by National Exchange Bank and Trust) – Kick off June Dairy Month with a trip to the June Dairy Day’s Petting Zoo presented by National Exchange Bank and Trust. The annual event takes place on the first Saturday in June from 9-11 am at National Exchange Bank & Trust parking lot,130 S. Main Street, in downtown Fond du Lac. In celebration of Wisconsin’s dairy industry, the event features a variety of farm animals, dairy games, prizes, and more. A sampling of Wisconsin’s finest dairy products will be available including several cheese varieties, butter popcorn, and milk. Make sure you bring your cameras for your very own milk mustache pic! This free community appreciation event is open to the public.
- Race the Lake: Chocolate Milk Promotion – There’s no better way to recover from an 88-mile bike race/ride around the majestic Lake Winnebago than recovering with an ice-cold chocolate milk. The Fond du Lac Area Agri-Business Council promotes chocolate milk as the ultimate recovery drink.
- The FARMtastic Agriculture Exhibit at the Childen’s Museum of Fond du Lac – The Fond du Lac Area Agri-Business Council brings the fun of the farm to the Museum! Bring your family and friends and enjoy Wisconsin-themed snacks and games, try “milking” with Scarlette the Milking Cow, pet a real calf, and more!
- Agri-Business Council Golf Outing – Enjoy a relaxing afternoon of golf with the Fond du Lac Agri-Business Council. Two nine-hole tournaments with over 100 golfers, lots of great prizes, and hole events to support the Agricultural Ambassador Program.
- Agri-Business Annual Meeting and Silent Auction
The Fond du Lac Area Agri-Business Council Scholarship and the Fond du Lac Area Foundation Harold Reinecke Scholarship are available to individuals from the Fond du Lac County area pursuing post-secondary training at a university, trade school, technical college, UW-Short Course, etc.; in the fields of agriculture or agri-business.
The Fond du Lac Area Foundation Harold Reinecke Scholarship honors the long-time county extension agent by establishing this scholarship to aid young people preparing for careers in agriculture.
2022 Scholarship Application – due Friday, April 8, 2022