Marian University women’s bowling had a split squad weekend with the Sabres placing 13th at the Valpo Classic and second at the second GLBC event of the season.
- Marian had a strong opening day at the Valpo Classic finishing 3-2 and in seventh at 4,444 pins.
- The Sabres had at least 834 pins in four of the five games with more than 900 pins in two of those games.
- The high game for Marian in Baker play was a 967 in its fifth game.
- Traditional play proved to be a little tougher for the Sabres as Marian only managed 4,163 pins.
- Marian opened strong with a 949 and 862, but only averaged 784.0 pins over the final three games.
- Then in bracket play, Marian would fall to Aurora and Elmhurst in five games. The Sabres would only manage a high game of 191 between the 10 games.
GLBC EVENT No. 2
- The Sabres had the second GLBC event would finish second after totaling 6,849 for a 167.05 average.
- Marian was in third after opening traditional play but 4,245.
- Three of the five games saw Marian score higher than 850 with a high game of 962 in the final game.
- The Sabres then posted the second-best Baker score for the weekend at 2,604.
- Marian was consistent in Baker format with a low set of 628 and a high set of 676.
- The Sabres did eclipse 200 pins with a 202 in the opening game of the third set.
- UW-Madison won the event with the highest traditional and Baker score finishing with an average of 173.59.
|Brianna Clemons averaged 192.2 at the GLBC event to finish in third. She had two games with more than 200 pins and a high game of 259.|
|Abby Giddings earned a sixth-place finish at the GLBC event averaging 179.4. She had a high game of 208 in the second game.|
|Jocelyn Eggert led Marian at the Valpo Classic finishing 31st with a 174.8 average. Eggert was consistent in her five games with a high of 191.|