No. 17 Marian University ACHA D2 (7-7-1, 2-3-1-0 NCHL) bounced back after an 8-1 loss to defeat UW-Oshkosh 4-3 in overtime in the final series of the first half.
GAME 1 (AWAY – L, 8-1)
- The opening game was all UW-Oshkosh with the Titans opening up a 3-1 lead after the first period.
- Devon Butler scored the lone Marian goal on a power play with assists from Dom Pajor and Simon Ellingson.
- The Titans would then score two in the second and three in the third to take the opener of the series.
GAME 2 (HOME – W, 4-3 OT)
- Marian bounced back nicely in game two opening with a 2-0 lead after 20 minutes.
- Dakota Sullivan and Serge Simard each lit the lamp for the Sabres.
- Marian was able to take a 3-1 lead into the third period after DJ Horne scored short-handed.
- UW-Oshkosh was able to rally in the final minutes to force overtime including a goal in the final seconds.
- Horne was able to help Marian secure an overtime win, however, scoring his second of the game in the final minute of overtime.
- Marian finished with a 48-42 advantage in shots for the game.
- Each team had one power-play goal with Marian having five chances and UW-Oshkosh four.
- The UW-Oshkosh victory was their first over Marian in the all-time series.
- UW-Oskhosh held a 36-32 advantage in shots for the game, but Marian had a 4-1 edge in overtime.
- Neither team had a power-play score with the Sabres having four chances and UW-Oshkosh eight.