Live music concerts will be back again at Buttermilk Park, after the COVID-19 guidelines forced the cancelation of all gatherings of this nature until recent weeks. The Fond du Lac Area Musicians’ board of directors met recently and decided to produce the remainder of the Monday summer concerts, beginning Monday July 6th. This series is called “Music Under the Stars”, and features many of the area smaller bands and musical groups that perform regularly throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest.
The Monday concerts will abide by all national, state and local recommendation:
- Concert goers should wear face masks when entering, moving about, or leaving the park.
- Audience will be limited to 250.
- Bring your own chairs or blankets for seating.
- Leave a 6 foot distance between other groups
- Do not come onto the stage before, during or after the performance.
- The food stand will be closed. Concert goers should bring their own food and treats.
- The audience will be asked to exit the park immediately after the concert. Rest room are locked and will not be open.
Board of Directors for the Fond du Lac Area Musicians are: Anne Abel, President; Paul Thelen and Ellie Thelen, Vice Presidents; Jim Vollmer, Secretary; Bob Shirek, Treasurer; Dutch Baker, Membership.
The July and August schedule of Monday night concerts promises to carry on this tradition with a variety of bands as follows:
- July 6 – Twang
- July 13 – Northsoul
- July 20 – Groeschel Band
- July 27 – Evergreen After Hours
- 3 – The Thelen Sisters
- 10 – Page Four Band
- 17 – Rock River Band
- 24 – Remington’s Ride
Music Under The Stars” concerts have entertained audiences in Fond du Lac for over half a century. Seeing and hearing our local and area bands in live performance in the Wifler Performance Center at Buttermilk Park is “as American as Apple Pie”.
Reprinted with permission.