- This event has passed.
Moving from Felony Incarceration to Employment: A creative Workforce Solution
September 22, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amFree
The formerly incarcerated are an overlooked source of talent.
With an aging workforce and over 34,000 new retirees in the next decade, Fond du Lac County employers must implement creative workforce solutions, such as recruiting and hiring formerly incarcerated individuals.
Did you know? (Data Source: Wisconsin Department of Corrections, retrieved 2020)
- Up to $2,400 per hire available in federal tax credits.
- $5,000 Fidelity Bond insurance available for businesses.
- Only 43% of offenders released to Fond du Lac County in fiscal year 2019 were employed within 6 months.
- 25% of the released offenders had some college education.
- Representative Michael Schraa (Opening Remarks)
- Mary Davies, Associate Dean of Economic and Workforce Development, Moraine Park Technical College
- John Schild, Employment Programs Coordinator, Department of Corrections
- Rodney Owens, Employment Coordinator, Department of Corrections
- Jo Ann Hall, Dean of Economic and Workforce Development, Moraine Park Technical College (Panel Moderator)
Event flyer available here: Moving from Incarceration to Employment 9.2020
Event is Tuesday, September 22 from 8-9:30 a.m. and will be hosted virtually. There is no cost to attend. To register, click here.Register Now!