Envision Greater Fond du Lac hosted the first meeting of its new Child Care Task Force on Wednesday. The Task Force was created to develop a comprehensive strategy to address the child care shortage and barriers to work in Fond du Lac County.
Members of the task force represent business, non-profit, and community organizations; child care providers; and local government. Those businesses represented on this task force come from:
• Boys and Girls Club
• City of Fond du Lac
• City of Ripon
• City of Waupun
• Fond du Lac Area Foundation
• Fond du Lac County
• Fond du Lac Family YMCA
• Fond du Lac School District
• Fox Valley Workforce Development
• Grande Cheese
• Lily Paid Learning Center
• Local government (State Representative & State Senator)
• Moraine Park Technical College
• New North
• Ripon Chamber of Commerce
• SSM Health
• United Way Fond du Lac
• Wee Care Child Center
• Weyauwega Star Dairy Inc / Knaus Cheese Inc
“The key to economic growth in Fond du Lac County is a highly skilled and qualified workforce,” Sadie Vander Velde, Envision President/CEO, said. “A child care shortage that prevents parents from entering or remaining in the workforce hinders our ability to meet this challenge.”
The Task Force’s priorities include:
• Understanding the scope of the problem.
• Defining the core issues.
• Identifying potential innovations and policy changes needed to move toward solutions.
For more information on the Child Care Task Force, please contact Envision Greater Fond du Lac at 920.921.9500 or [email protected].